Kick back and relax Alaskan style with this Alaskan beer tasting tour! Alaska has a rich history of brewing, and this tasty excursion is your opportunity to partake in it. From the explorers of the 1700's through the Gold Rush era, many thirsty Alaskans have been able to enjoy locally made beers and we want you to enjoy them too!
The Alaskan Brewing Company was the 67th brewery in the country and the first brewery in Juneau since Prohibition. Alaskan beers reflect many of the same characteristics of beers that were brewed here during the Gold Rush era. From the historically based Alaskan Amber recipe to alder-smoked malts and Sitka spruce tips, Alaskan beers reflect Juneau's local brewing history and innovation.
While sampling our award-winning beer, learn about the history of Alaskan Brewing Co. and how beer is made. View our original 10-barrel brewing system and some of the inner workings of our brewery. Buy great beer gear, including apparel, glassware and fun novelties. Best of all, meet our Brew Crew while sampling their work.
Sample our beer!
Guests over the age of 21 are welcome to enjoy complimentary samples at our tasting bar, which usually has at least one of our Limited Edition or Rough Draft brews on tap. Please bring photo identification with proof of age with you. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
A rotating collection of our favorites, Seasonal, Pilot Series and Rough Draft brews, which may include:
Alaskan Amber Ale
Alaskan Icy Bay IPA
Alaskan Summer Ale
Alaskan White Ale
Alaskan Smoked Porter
Alaskan Freeride APA
Please note: Children under 8 years of age are not permitted on this tour unless guest is willing to provide their own carseat. Beer tasting is only offered to guests over 21 years of age. Photo ID is required.
Duration: 1.75 hours (Roundtrip from Downtown Brewery Depot.)
- Roundtrip transportation from downtown Alaskan Brewery Depot to the Alaskan Brewing Company headquarters
- 6 Alaskan beer tasting samples (for guests over 21 with photo ID)
- Photo ID is required for guests interested in sampling beer
- Children under 8 years of age are not permitted on this tour unless guest is willing to provide their own carseat due to Alaska DMV requirements
Duration: 1.75 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 50 minutes roundtrip guide narrated transportation
- 20 minutes Brewery Tour with 3 beer tasting samples
- 30 minutes in the lounge for addtional 3 beer tasting samples
- This tour meets in front of the Mt. Robert's Tramway building. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Can I go to the Brewery on my own?
The Alaskan Brewing Company is open to all visitors, however there is no direct public transportion available. Our tour provides roundtrip transportation from downtown Juneau as well as priority for the Brewery tour.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
Children under 8 years of age are not permitted on this tour unless guest is willing to provide their own carseat due to Alaska DMV requirements.
How many passengers ride together?
There is a maximum of 14 guests per departure for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
Up to 6 beer tasting samples are included in the tour for guests 21 years old and over with a valid photo ID.
Are there child prices?
Adult and child prices are the same for this tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!