Upon arriving, you'll board a 4x4 all-terrain for a short drive to Canopy Chalet. Here, you'll receive a detailed safety briefing and gear up with state-of-the-art safety equipment. A short uphill hike takes you to a practice zipline and start of the course.
You'll witness panoramic ocean, forest and mountain vistas from the platforms in this lush rainforest preserve. Each successive zip ride provides a unique perspective and a new challenge. You'll be challenged as you descend from platform to platform in a Western Hemlock and again to the ground from the last tree platform.
Back at the base camp, you'll be presented with a custom cast medal in recognition of your achievement. A complimentary snack and hot beverage, and shopping at the General Store cap off this exhilarating day. You can also take the opportunity to visit the Alaska Raptor Center's exhibit at your leisure.
Included: All necessary gear including harnesses, helmets, lanyards, gloves, and rain gear is provided. Complimentary snack, coffee, tea and hot chocolate in general store. Achievement medal awarded at conclusion of tour.
Please note: Weight min 70lbs, max 250lbs. Height must be over 50 inches. Minors can go without parents as long as there is an 18 year-old supervisor. Full use of limbs required. Pregnant women, guests with injuries/seizure disorders are not permitted to participate. Waiver required. Closed toe shoes required.
Duration: 3.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal - Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge.)
- All safety equipment and zipline gear (helmet, chest and waist harness, and zipline pulley)
- Rain jackets available if needed
- Roundtrip transportation
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum weight: 70lbs
- Maximum weight: 250lbs
- Minimum height: 50 inches
- Participants who do not have full use of limbs, suffer from neck or back issues, have mobility limitations, women who may be pregnant or guests with injuries/seizure disorders should obtain medical advice and release from their physician prior to participating.
- Closed toe shoes (sneakers, hiking or rain boots)
- Long pants and layered clothing recommended
- Liability waiver must be completed by all participants. Relatives other than the actual parents or legal guardians cannot accompany nor sign the waiver for a minor by law. A parent or legal guardian must sign the required waiver for minor children and must accompany and actively participate in the tour.
Duration: 3.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 20 minutes narrated scenic drive from Ketchikan to the zipline canopy chalet
- 5 minutes transfer to outfitting chalet in unimog
- 30 minutes safety orientation, zipline instruction, restroom and gear up
- 1 hour and 40 minutes on zip course
- 15 minutes gear removal and award presentation
- 15 minutes for gift shopping or visit to totem park
- 20 minutes transfer to cruise ship pier
- This tour meets at the Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is not wheelchair or limited mobility accessible.
- Guests must be able to raise their arms above their head, bring their knees toward their chest and stand unassisted for 90 minutes.
Do I need prior ziplining experience to participate?
No experience is necessary for this tour, and beginners as well as experts are welcomed!
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
Partipants should be comfortable with heights and able to walk on uneven trails. This tour is not recommended for people who are pregnant, have had recent neck/back injuries or surgery, are in a wheel chair or over 250lbs in weight.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered clothing, long pants and weather appropriate dress is recommended. Closed toe shoes (sneakers, hiking or rain boots) are required; sandals and other open toe footwear is not permitted.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
Children must be at least 50" tall and weigh a minimum of 70lbs.
Do you cancel if it is raining?
No, we will operate the tour in the rain.
Can I bring a backpack?
All backpacks, bags, and purses are are required to be placed in lockers (provided) and are not allowed on the zipline tour. Personal cameras and video devices are allowed while ziplining.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Food and beverage are not allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
A light snack and beverage are included on this tour.
Want to learn more about our zipline tours?
Check out our blog for more details on all of the zipline tours we offer: https://alaska-shoreexcursions.com/blog/alaska-zipline-tours!
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!