**NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR 2019!** On the Skagway Yukon Discovery Adventure we will first climb the mountainous Klondike Highway driving north to the US/Canadian border, paralleling the 1898 Gold Rush Trail to the White Pass summit at 3292 feet. Along the way view coastal rainforest, magnificent waterfalls, glaciers, and icy blue lakes.
Once in Canada, we journey through spectacular scenery of dramatic lakes encircled by mile-high mountains and the Northern Boreal forest wilderness. Included are Bove Island, Tutshi and Tagish Lakes. Pose at the Yukon Border sign for a great photo opportunity! In Carcross, stand on the shores of historic Lake Bennett, see the "World's Smallest Desert" and marvel at the gorgeous green Emerald Lake. We watch for wildlife (including Bears, Moose, Caribou, Dall Sheep and Mountain Goats) all along our route.
For lunch, we stop at Caribou Crossing where you'll see the North's premier educational wildlife gallery, featuring over 100 Yukon and Ice Age taxidermy animals, including the world's largest mounted polar bear. Lunch is delicious barbecue chicken with sides (vegetarian option available). You'll also visit the Sled Dog camp, where you can pet the dogs and play with the puppies.
Included: Lunch at Caribou Crossing. Admission to Museum & Sled Dog Camp.
Please note: Tour varies with order of stops at guide's discretion.
Passport or Passport ID card (and Visas - USA and Canada if necessary - single entry Visa is OK) are required for all passengers 16 and over. Children 15 and under are required to have a Passport OR an original raised seal birth certificate (USA citizens only). No photocopies of any identification is allowed. No charge for children under 2. Child tickets for ages 2-12.
Children traveling with only one parent or without both parents must have a permission letter from the absent parent/parents, giving permission to the person bringing the child on tour to allow them to go to Canada with that person. Documentation should be signed with parent name, address, cell phone contact number and give the child's legal name and person's legal name they are traveling with. If the single parent or guardian has sole custody, they should travel with a letter to that effect.
Duration: 6.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip narrated scenic tour
- Lunch of delicious BBQ chicken, baked potato, coleslaw, homemade bun, coffee or tea, and donuts
- Vegetarian option of lentil curry by request.
- Admission to Yukon Museum
- A valid passport or a US passport card is required for all guests over 16 years of age
- For children 15 and under, a valid passport or original birth certificate is required
Duration: 6.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 5.25 hours guide narrated bus tour with multiple scenic stops
- 1 hour 15 min at Caribou Crossing for Lunch/Yukon museum/Gift Shop/Sled dog camp with puppies
- This tour meets on the cruise ship dock. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
How many passengers does the tour bus hold?
The maximum capacity for this tour is 28 passengers (usually not filled more than 25 or 26). If your party is larger than 28, arrangements can be made to accommodate your group. Please contact us with your group requirements.
What is the seating arrangement of the tour bus?
There is open seating on the tour bus, however if you require a certain seat due to physical impairment then please contact us with your requirements.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour. Bears are commonly seen, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and wildlife is not guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in closable containers and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
Lunch is included on this tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!