This small group tour provides a wonderful opportunity to view the stunning scenery of the White Pass and the surrounding area with a local, high quality guide.
Meet your guide, board the comfortable vehicle and enjoy a short tour of Skagway's historic district before climbing steeply towards the Chilkoot Mountains. The dramatic scenery of the White Pass summit soon surrounds you. This is a wonderland of impressive peaks, azure lakes and stunted forests. The pace is unhurried; you will have ample time to enjoy the view with stops at choice scenic locations.
Past the summit visit the Yukon Suspension Bridge, where you can venture out onto the bridge to get stunning views of the turbulent waters of the Tutshi River below. Learn the about Gold Rush history and the natural history of the area. Walk along the boardwalk and immerse yourself in the miniature world of alpine wildflowers.
The tour will return to Skagway with an optional visit (time permitting) to the Gold Rush Cemetery and Lower Reid Falls. A short nature walk through the forest takes you to the base of Lower Reid Falls. The water drops over one hundred feet as it pours out of the forested granite mountainside above. Return to your ship having had an experience you won't forget.
Passport or Passport ID card (and Visas - USA and Canada if necessary - single entry Visa is OK) are required for all passengers 16 and over. Children 15 and under are required to have a Passport OR an original raised seal birth certificate (USA citizens only). No photocopies of any identification is allowed. No charge for children under 2. Child tickets for ages 2-12.
Children traveling with only one parent or without both parents must have a permission letter from the absent parent/parents, giving permission to the person bringing the child on tour to allow them to go to Canada with that person. Documentation should be signed with parent name, address, cell phone contact number and give the child's legal name and person's legal name they are traveling with. If the single parent or guardian has sole custody, they should travel with a letter to that effect.
Duration: 3 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal. 3 Hours.)
- Roundtrip transportation from cruise ship
- Admission to the Yukon Suspension Bridge
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
Duration: 3 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 15 minutes meet guides and board tour van
- 1 hour scenic drive to White Pass Summit with photo stops
- 30 minutes stopover at Yukon Suspension Bridge
- 45 minutes scenic drive return to Skagway
- 15 minutes photo stop at Reid Falls waterfall
- 15 minutes return to ship
- This tour meets on the cruise ship dock. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible but is not recommended for limited mobility guests. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus independently and with relative ease. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Is there a minimum number of guests?
Yes. There is a minimum of 2 guests and a maximum of 14 guests per departure.
Is there a minimum age requirement?
This tour do not have an age limit. If a child requires a car seat, please provide advance notice.
Do you meet us at our ship?
Yes, a representative will meet the guests just past security.
Is this tour wheelchair accessible?
Yes. Folding wheelchairs only, passengers must be able to get in and out of vans independently with relative ease.
What should I wear while on tour?
We recommend that you dress in layers. It can be cold enough where you want a wool cap, gloves and a jacket, or it could be so warm you will be in a T-shirt with sunscreen and sunglasses. The weather can change quickly.
What size groups are on your tours?
Our maximum group size is 14. Our typical tour has around 6-8 guests at one time. We can charter large buses for large groups with advance notice.
What kinds of vehicles do you use?
Depending on the size of the group and the tour, we utilize everything from an SUV like the Toyota Sequoia or Sienna, to the 14-passenger Ford Econoline Van to the 14- passenger Airporter-style bus.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!