Guests interested in taking part in a bit of local history and culture will enjoy this guided tour with sights to see downtown Ketchikan, the Saxman Native Village, and the Great Alaska Lumberjack Show. The adventure begins with a guided walk and trolley tour through the historic Creek Street. One of the highlights of this trip is a cultural history lesson at the Saxman Native Village. Marvel at the massive totem poles which all tell an important story about the trials and tribulations of southeast Alaskan Natives.
The other highlight of the tour will immerse guests in a true Alaskan adventure come to life as you enjoy the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show, an action-packed lumberjack competition. From ax throwing to log rolling and everything in between, this spirited event is set to be fun for the whole group!
Please note: There may be a short wait prior to the lumberjack show start. There are times when this tour may run in reverse order. Motorized scooters cannot be accommodated on this tour
Duration: 2.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip transportation from cruise ship terminal
- Dress in warm layers, wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a camera and photo ID
Duration: 2.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 45 minutes transportation for city tour and Saxman Village
- 30 minutes Visit Saxman Native Village photo-stop
- 15 minutes Transfer to Lumberjack Show
- 1 hour Lumberjack Show
- Transportation back to cruise ship terminal or on own
**There are times when this tour may run in reverse order. There may be a short wait prior to the lumberjack show start.
- This tour meets in front of the Ketchikan Visitor's Center. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility and wheelchair accessible. The trails throughout the grounds of the Saxman Native Village are packed gravel. Must be able to take 4 steps into the coach. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible wheelchairs will be required on tour. If the operator is unaware beforehand of necessary accommodations, they may not be able to accommodate guests day-of.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Dress for the weather. Layered clothing is always recommended for Alaskan weather.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!