Situated on Chichagof Island, Hoonah, a once thriving logging community, has miles and miles of logging roads through towering rainforest. This majestic place hosts scenery and wildlife that is second to none. It's not uncommon to see eagles, blacktail deer, and brown bear on this self-guided tour.
Set out on your rugged adventure to go where most others on your ship will never go and see what they will never see. We recommend you do something in Hoonah that you can't do in any other port in Alaska: explore Chichagof Island in an Arctic Cat all-terrain vehicle!
Our state-of-the-art vehicles are legal to drive in downtown Hoonah and are registered with the State of Alaska. We've equipped all our vehicles with hardtops, full windshields, rear windows, full doors, seat belts, and front & rear bumpers for your comfort and safety.
All vehicles are equipped with Garmin GPS Navigational Devices and pre-loaded with maps, points of interest, and scenic viewpoints.
TO BOOK: We have 3 different vehicles available to rent. There is a 2 seater (Arctic Cat), a 4 seater (Honda Pioneer 700), and a 5 seater (Honda Pioneer 1000). Please choose the number of passengers per vehicle type that you would prefer for your party.
Please note: All drivers & passengers must sign a waiver upon booking. All drivers must be at least 21 years of age and present a valid driver's license. Any damage to vehicles will be charged to a credit card at the conclusion of the tour.
Duration: 2.5 hours (Roundtrip from excursions hub.)
- Roundtrip transportation from Icy Strait Point Excursion Hub
- All vehicles are equipped with Garmin GPS Navigational Devices and pre-loaded with maps, points of interest, and scenic viewpoints.
- Guests should dress in layers to plan for Alaskan weather.
- All drivers must be 21 years of age and present a valid drivers license.
- All drivers and passengers must sign a waiver the day of the tour.
Duration: 2.5 hours. Tour time below are approximate:
- 20 minutes roundtrip transportation
- 10 minutes of vehicle orientation and saftey briefing
- 2 hours of self-guided driving exploration
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
All vehicles have a covered trunk area good for storage a couple of backpacks.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!