** WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2019 SEASON** This exciting tour will bring you right to the heart of Southeast Alaska and the lush Tongass National Forest. Feel what it is like to be a local Alaskan! You can volunteer to pull up the crab pots from the beautiful waters surrounding Revillagigedo Island, which overflow with crab, salmon, seals, and whales. Breathe in the fresh air and incredible scenery as your crew shares the history and exciting stories of the ocean.
Of course, you get to enjoy your hard work with delicious sides of baby red potatoes, fresh salad. Cheesecake with blueberry topping will round out this locally inspired meal. This is truly an exciting gathering that has been called a "Rowdy good time!" You will be led through a panorama of local tall tales then demonstrate the easiest way to crack your crabs!
The remote rustic, yet elegant old cannery lodge where you will have your meal just adds to your dining experience. The lodge's cozy charm truly creates an enjoyable, relaxing experience that will be the highlight of your Alaskan journey.
Included: All-you-can-eat fresh Dungeness Crab feast, including a starting salad and blueberry cheesecake dessert.
Please note: This tour is accessible for guests traveling in collapsible wheelchairs, walkers and motorized scooters. Guests must be able to transfer 3-5 steps onto the motor coach. This tour may run in reverse.
Duration: 4 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip transportation from cruise ship terminal.
- Full meal of fresh Dungeness Crab, baby red potatoes, fresh Oriental salad, cheesecake covered in Alaskan blueberries, hot/cold beverages, beer, and wine
- Crab Certificate (a unique memento of Alaskan adventure)
Duration: 4 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30 minutes transfer to lodge in motor coach or van
- 90 minute boat ride (includes loading and unloading time)
- 90 minute mealtime
- 30 minutes transfer back to dock
- This tour meets at the Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests traveling with collapsible wheelchairs, walkers and motorized scooters must be able to transfer 3-5 steps into the motor coach and onto the boat. Please leave a comment during checkout if ADA accommodations will be required on tour.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Small bags may be brought along but must be stored in the rear cargo area of the floatplane.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containter and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
The highlight of this tour is the freshly prepared meal which is included. Beer and wine are available for guests 21 years old and over.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
Guests must be comfortable walking short distances on uneven surfaces. Wheelchair assistance is available upon request.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered clothing and water resistant jackets are recommended.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!