** WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING RESERVATIONS FOR THE 2019 SEASON**
During the Ketchikan Lighthouse, totems and eagles excursion, enjoy a short, narrated tour through Ketchikan's downtown area en route to our private dock's rainforest setting to board your vessel, the Totem Princess or Lighthouse Endeavor.
Relax in the heated main cabin or the open-air observation deck as we embark to explore the timber & fishing industries, totem poles, native cultures, maritime history, ten eagles nests, abundant eagles and other wildlife.
Your excursion includes views of Totem Bight Park with clan house and Ketchikan's tallest totem pole, the oldest working fish cannery in Alaska, an authentic floating lumberjack camp, and many mansions and private island homes. Circumnavigate historic Guard Island Lighthouse, established in 1903 and now home to a family of Harbor Seals.
View eagles galore, eagle nests and baby eagles in season. Other wildlife may include Humpback and Orca whales, sea lions, deer, bear, salmon and wolves. Hot chocolate supreme, fresh brewed coffee, hot tea selections, soft drinks, water, Alaska salmon spread, crackers, cheese, fresh fruit, cookies and mints are yours to enjoy on this unforgettable experience. Points of interest include the historic site of the Ward Cove Pulp Mill, Refuge Cove and its outlying islands, Totem Bight State Park, Guard Island Lighthouse, and Vallenar Rocks Wildlife Viewing Area.
Included: Light snacks and refreshments.
Duration: 3 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip transportation from downtown Ketchikan
- “Hot Chocolate Supreme”, coffee, tea, water, soft drinks
- Salmon spread, cheese, crackers, fresh fruit, cookies & mints
- Complimentary Bushnell binoculars for your use while aboard the tour boat
Duration: 3 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 20 minutes transport to Ward Cove
- 5-10 minutes loading the transport onto the tour boat
- 2-2.25 hours on the water aboard the vessel
- 5-10 minutes unloading the tour boat onto the transport
- 20 minutes transport to downtown Ketchikan
- This tour meets at the Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 3 steps into and out of the vessel. There is no space for guest's wheelchairs or walkers on the vessel but staff will help to transfer you into one of their onboard wheelchairs for use. We provide dockside storage for any mobility assistance devices while guests are out on the tour. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
How many passengers does the boat hold?
The vessels are United States Coast Guard certified and can carry approximately 40 passengers.
Do you have restrooms onboard?
There are 2 restrooms on the vessel and 1 restroom in the marina parking lot.
Are there outside seats available?
Yes, you may choose between sitting outside bench or inside the heated cabin with tables.
Will I be able to get off the boat during the tour?
No, the entirety of the tour takes place from our boats on the water. We view all our beautiful attractions in full panorama fom the tour vessel.
Will I get sea sick?
It’s highly unlikely that you will need it, however If you are extremely sensitive to motion you may want to take the normal precautions such as motion sickness medicines, ear patches, wrist bands, etc.
Are the seas often rough?
It depends on the weather conditions. Typically we are well-protected along the majority of our tour route. However, seas can be a little bumpy for the 10-20 minutes spent around the lighthouse on windy days.
Is there an inside seating area on the boat, is it heated?
The interior of the boat is heated when needed due to weather conditions to keep a comfortable environment.
What is the temperature on the water?
Air temperature can drop as much as 20F with the wind chill factor when outside. Please dress in layers to accommodate all weather conditions. We are in a rainforest, so bringing rain jackets or ponchos is recommended.
Will I see any wildlife on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
A salmon spread, cheese, crackers, fresh fruit, cookies and mints are included along with the following beverage options: "Hot Chocolate Supreme", coffee, tea, water, and soft drinks.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!