Your river float journey begins on the scenic coastal drive to Dyea Valley, once an old gold rush settlement now returned to nature. Watch for Harbor seals and Bald Eagles along the way.
Enjoy relaxation combined with fascinating history and magnificent beauty as you float gently down the Taiya River on your professionally equipped raft for approximately 40 minutes on the river.
This tour does operator in rainy weather so please dress in layers for your comfort. Life jackets, rain ponchos and rubber boots (in place of your shoes) are provided.
Please note: There is no whitewater on this float trip. All participants must sign a visitors acknowledgment of risk before participating in this tour. Children under 18 will be required to have a parent or legal guardian sign this form.
Included: Light snack and beverage. Life jackets, rain ponchos and rubber boots (in place of your shoes) are provided.
Duration: 2-2.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal. Float time: 40 minutes.)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Rain poncho rubber boots, life jackets
- Beverages and a light snack
Duration: 2.25 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 1.5 hours roundtrip guide narrated transportation
- 40 minutes guide navigated river float trip
- This tour meets on the cruise ship dock. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 4 steps into and out of the bus and they need to be able to walk up and down gangways that vary depending on the tide. Additionally, guests must be able to sit unsupported on the sides of the inflatable raft for 40 minutes during the float portion of the tour. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
Will we get wet on the raft ride?
The river float is mild with no whitewater splashing over the side of the raft. Rain ponchos are provided for protection if needed.
How many people fit in a raft?
The river float rafts each hold a maximum of 11 passengers and 1 guide.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
Please contact us if you are interested in bringing a child under 5 years of age.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
Beverages and a light snack are included.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!