Once checked in and fitted with paddle gear, guests will participate in an informative kayak and safety orientation before setting out on a leisurely guided paddle through Sitka
Duration: 3.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Waterproof outerwear, paddle gear, and dry bags for cameras
- Light snacks, and bottled water
- Layered clothing, comfortable shoes and a warm hat
- Sun glasses, camera, binoculars, gloves and rain gear
- Minimum of 2 passengers required to book
- Minimum weight: 40lbs
- Maximum weight: 275lbs
- Minimum age: 6 years old
- Maximum height: 6 feet 6 inches
- Guests must be comfortable walking over uneven terrain and able to get in and out of the kayak
Duration: 3.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 20-30 minutes safety orientation, equipment orientation and instruction
- 2 hours kayaking tour
- 1 hour at Lost Fort location for exploration
- This tour meets in the Crescent Harbor parking lot. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
Do we need prior kayaking experience?
No experience is necessary to participate on this tour.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Can I bring a backpack?
All bags must be stored prior to kayaking and are not allowed while on tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Food and drink are not allowed during this tour.
Are food and drink included?
Light snacks and bottled water are included.
Are there any age restrictions?
There is a minimum age of 6 years old to participate. Additionally, guests taller than 6 feet 6 inches or wieghing over 275lbs cannot be accomodated.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
Guests must be comfortable walking over uneven terrain and able to get in and out of the kayak. Please inform the guides about any other physical limitations.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered clothing that will fit underneath a waterproof paddle jacket and sneakers or waterproof boots. Sunglasses and gloves are are also recommended.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!