Sitka's Bald Eagle Center operates with bird care professionals assisted by volunteers to rescue birds, provide them with rehabilitative care and hopefully release them back into the wild. After your introduction to the center, a presentation with one of the Center's educational birds will take place. Time will be available to view the flight center, clinic window, outside deck habitat areas and gift shop.
Next, you'll visit the Sitka National Historical Park, where the 1804 'Battle of Alaska', was fought. The park hosts totem lined trails, cultural exhibits and carving rooms where native Alaskan artisans demonstrate their totemic art form. Walk the nature trail, view cultural exhibits and video presentation, or talk with local native artists about their cultural art form.
The final stop is visiting the Fortress of the Bears, which allows you get within 25 feet of Alaska's brown bears in a naturalized setting. You will enjoy observing 3 populations of bears from a covered viewing platform and interact with an experienced naturalist. After the bear tour, you may disembark on the main street to shop or be returned directly to the tender pier.
Included: Entrance and activity fees.
Duration: 3.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Entrance and activity fees
Duration: 3.5 hours
- 1 hour guided roundtrip narration via bus
- 20 minutes at Fortress of the Bears
- 1 hour at the Raptor Center
- 1 hour at the Sitka National Historical Park
- 30 minute visit at St. Michael's Cathedral
- This tour meets on the cruise ship dock. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is wheelchair accessible. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for motorized equipment will be required on tour. If operator is unaware beforehand of necessary accommodations, they may not be able to accommodate guests day-of.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
No food or drinks are included.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!