On this tour, guests first get to experience an incredible narrated scenic tour on a motor coach up to the Alaska Rainforest Sanctuary. Guests will have experienced guides that will take you on an eco-tour up through the rainforest in Herring Cove. From there, guests will be able to cross on elevated platforms that give you a greater chance the see the wildlife, being sure to keep their eyes open for black bears, bald eagles, seals, deer and a huge variety of birds.
If it's bald eagles guests want to see, then they will continue their excursion at a stop at the Eagle Sanctuary to see the eagles up close and personal. Then, guests will get to stop by the carving shed to meet and interact with a native carver to learn how totem poles are carved, and the traditions behind them. To finish off an incredible experience, guests will enjoy some fresh cooked Dungeness crab in an incredibly beautiful lodge setting next to the George Inlet, a meal that also includes a fresh salad and dessert.
Please note: Guests must be comfortable walking short distances on uneven surfaces and steps.
Inclusions: All-you-can-eat fresh Dungeness Crab feast, including a starting salad and blueberry cheesecake dessert. Alternative menu includes Cajun, grilled,
or lemon peppered chicken for non-seafood eaters and ravioli with pesto sauce for vegetarians.
Duration: 4 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- All-you-can-eat fresh Dungeness Crab feast, including a starting salad and blueberry cheesecake dessert
- Alternative menu includes: Cajun, grilled or lemon peppered chicken for non-seafood eaters and ravioli with pesto sauce for vegetarians
- Guests must be comfortable walking short distances on uneven surfaces and steps
- This tour is wheelchair and scooter accesible via a transfer van that guests must be able to transfer into
- Raingear for days with poor weather
Duration: 4 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 20 minute drive to rainforest location
- 90 minute walk through rainforest
- 10 minute drive from rainforest to lodge
- 90 minute meal time
- 30 minute drive back to pier
- This tour meets at the Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
How many passengers ride in the motor coach together?
There is a maximum of 12 passengers in the motorcoach.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containter and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
The highlight of this tour is the freshly prepared meal which is included.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
Guests must be comfortable walking short distances on uneven surfaces and steps. This tour is wheelchair and scooter accesible via a transfer van that guests must be able to transfer into.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered clothing and water resistant jackets are recommended.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!