This beautiful and scenic flight offers guests views of Ketchikan and its dramatic surroundings on the way to Herring Cove. The opportunities for wildlife sightings are possible along the guests' airborne journey.
This 20-minute flight takes you to a serene cove that often has black bears feeding on Ketchikan's abundant salmon. While in flight to the cove you will also get to view the diverse terrain of the Tongass National Forest, you may also get to see the vast amount of marine life found in the Revillagigedo Channel.
Please Note: Minimum number of passengers required to book is 2. Maximum weight for this tour is 300lbs.
Duration: 1 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal. Flight time: 20 minutes.)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Water, coffee, tea
- Safety equipment
- Maximum 300lb weight limit
Duration: 4 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 10 minutes transfer from dock to airbase
- 10 minutes safety breifing and waiver signing
- 20 minutes flightseeing
- 10 minutes transfer back to dock
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to independently get themselves into and out of the helicopter. There is a step stool available for getting into the helicopter. Additionally guests must be willing to walk to the helicopter pad which is located about 500 feet from the office on a wooden dock. There is limited space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no space for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations will be required during tour for collapsible wheelchairs.
How many passengers ride in the helicopter together?
There is a maximum of 3 passengers per helicopter. If your party is larger than 4 passengers, multiple helicopters will fly your group up to the landing spot at the same time.
What is the seating arrangement in the helicopter?
There are two front seats and two rear seats; FAA safety guidelines require seating positions to be assigned based on weight and balance of all passengers for each helicopter.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
All bags must be stored at the helicopter base and are not allowed on tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Food and drink are not allowed during this tour.
Are food and drink included?
Water and hot beverages are available, no other food or drink is provided while on tour.
Are there child prices?
Adult and child prices are the same for this tour.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
There is a 300 lb weight limit per passenger.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!