The Ketchikan exclusive flightseeing and crab feast starts off with a 30-minute flight via floatplane to George Inlet Lodge, bringing you over the mountains to the far uninhabited side of Revillagigedo Island. You will crest breathtaking peaks where the keen viewer may see mountain goats resting on crisp snow or black bears foraging for fresh berries.
Once the floatplane gently touches down on the waters of George Inlet Fjord, it will glide to a stop at the dock of the lodge, where your host will be awaiting. Have your cameras ready for an unobstructed photo opportunity of your float plane lifting off with the splendid Tongass National Forest as it's backdrop!
Your meal will begin with Alaskan Amber beer, white wine, and smoked salmon served by the fireplace. Dinner features fresh romaine salad, topped with mandarin oranges and tossed in homemade oriental dressing. Steaming hot Dungeness Crab paired with clarified butter and baby red potatoes follow as the main course. Savor this Alaskan delicacy that is prized for its sweet and tender meat but save room for dessert. Rich, smooth cheesecake, smothered in Alaskan blueberries will be a perfect ending to this world class meal!
You'll then have the opportunity to relax and take in the breathtaking scenery that surrounds you. Chat by the fire, stroll the dock, or pick up some souvenirs in our quaint shop before enjoying a fully narrated drive back to historic downtown Ketchikan. This adventure is truly an Alaskan experience not to be missed!
Included: Once onboard the aircraft, each passenger will receive an individual noise canceling digital headset to enjoy the pilot.
Please note: Each participant receives a Crab Certificate (perfect for framing), as a unique memento of their truly Alaskan adventure. The tour includes approximately 30 min flight, 1 hour 30 minutes crab feed and 45 min transfers. Tour could operate in reverse order and is operated in cooperation with Experience Alaska Tours.
Duration: 3 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal. Flight time: 30 minutes. Crab feast: 1.5 hours.)
- Noise canceling headset to listen to the pilot's narration
- Full meal of fresh Dungeness Crab, smoked salmon, baby red potatoes, fresh Oriental salad, cheesecake covered in Alaskan blueberries, hot/cold beverages, beer and wine
- Crab Certificate (unique memento of Alaskan adventure)
Duration: 3 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 15 minutes transportation to floatplane base
- 15 minutes preflight safety briefing and preparation
- 20 minutes flight to the George Inlet Lodge
- 1.5 hours stay at the Lodge with all-you-can-eat Crab Feast
- 30 minutes transportation to downtown Ketchikan
- This tour meets at the Liquid Sunshine Rain Gauge. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb 3-5 steps into and out of the floatplane. There is no space for guest's wheelchairs or walkers on the floatplane. Your wheelchair will be stored in a covered area during the excursion and you can use the wheelchairs available at the flight hanger and at the lodge. Please leave a comment during checkout if ADA accommodations will be required on tour.
How many passengers ride in the floatplane together?
There is a maximum of 6 or 9 passengers per floatplane.
What is the temperature in the floatplane?
The temperature during flight is roughly similar to the ground temperature, and each plane is equiped with heaters if necessary.
Will I get a window seat on the plane?
Yes, all seats on the floatplane have a window view.
Will I see any wildlife or bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour, however this is not a designated wildlife tour and nothing can be guaranteed.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Small bags may be brought along but must be stored in the rear cargo area of the floatplane.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containter and snacks are allowed on tour.
Are food and drink included?
The highlight of this tour is the freshly prepared meal which is included. Beer and wine are available for guests 21 years old and over.
Are there any physical requirements for this tour?
Guests must be comfortable walking short distances on uneven surfaces. Wheelchair assistance is available upon request.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Layered clothing and water resistant jackets are recommended.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!
Want to learn more about our flightseeing tours?
Check out our blog for more details on all of the flightseeing tours we offer: http://alaska-shoreexcursions.com/blog/misty-fjords-national-monument!