The Potlatch Totem Park is located on historic Tlingit Native fishing grounds located on the shores of the Tongass Narrows. View multiple houses, totem poles and panels while appreciating the beauty of smoothly carved wood and hearing the legends behind the designs.
Visit the carving studio for an exclusive demonstration by the carver in residence and learn about their ancient technique. Potlatch Totem Park is also home to an antique car collection, featuring a 1934 Ford Coupe and 1924 Stanley Steamer as well as a display of rare antique firearms.
Your visit concludes at the Totem Trading Company where you can enjoy a light snack. Your driver-guide will also tour through the historical downtown area of Ketchikan, where the waterfront comes alive with bustling float plane and cruise ships.
Wrap up your guided tour with a drive past City Park, Nathan Jackson's Thundering Wings and Dolly's House located in the historic red light district before returning to your ship.
Duration: 2.5 hours (Roundtrip from cruise ship terminal.)
- Roundtrip transportation from cruise ship terminal
Duration: 2.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 15 minutes transport to Potlatch Totem Park
- 1.25 hour visit at Potlatch Totem Park
- 15 minutes at Totem Trading Company
- 30 minutes transport from Totem Bight State Park to cruise ship
- This tour meets in front of the Ketchikan Visitor's Center. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is wheelchair accessible. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for motorized equipment will be required on tour. If operator is unaware beforehand of neccessary accommodations, they may not be able to accommodate guests day-of.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Dress for the weather. Layered clothing is always recommended for Alaskan weather.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!