This fully guided Alaska tour begins in downtown Juneau en route to the Rainforest Gardens. Tour the colorful lower garden that includes amazingly designed landscapes and a cascading stream, and hear the history behind the garden's notorious upside down trees.
Your tour guide will then gather your group to board a covered shuttle for a mile-long, narrated rainforest adventure. Long daylight hours make for stunning forest displays as you wind your way to an elevation of 580 feet. From this bird's eye view, you can soak in breathtaking views of the Mendenhall Valley, Chilkat Mountains and Gastineau Channel.
Next up is Juneau's star attraction, the Mendenhall Glacier, the largest, most rugged glacier accessible by road. Take a few minutes to walk along the scenic trails, snap photos at the look out, and chat with the U.S. Forest Service in the Mendenhall Glacier Visitors Center.
Please note: This tour operation is under permit with the Tongass National Forest and is an equal opportunity provider.
Duration: 3.75 hours (Roundtrip transportation from cruise ship terminal. Free time at Glacier Gardens: 1.5 hours. Free time at Mendenhall Glacier: 1 hour.)
- Roundtrip transportation from cruise ship terminal
Duration: 3.75 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30 minutes transport to Glacier Gardens
- 1.5 hours Glacier Gardens visit
- 15 minutes transfer to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor's Center
- 1 hour at the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor's Center
- 30 minutes transport to cruise ship terminal
- This tour meets in front of the Mt. Robert's Tramway building. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is wheelchair accessible. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for motorized equipment will be required on tour. If operator is unaware beforehand of necessary accommodations, they may not be able to accommodate guests day-of.
Will I see any bears on this tour?
Wildlife is abundant in Southeast Alaska and sightings are possible on any tour. Bears are often seen near the glacier during the late summer salmon spawning season, however this is not a designated bear watching tour and nothing can be guaranteed!
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Can I bring a backpack?
Backpacks, small bags, and purses are allowed on this tour.
Can I bring my own food or drink?
Non-alcoholic beverages in a closeable containters and snacks are allowed on tour.
Not seeing answers to your questions?
Check out other frequently asked questions here!