Enjoy a warm welcome and experience a true Alaskan lifestyle at Iditarod Champion Jeff King's Husky Homestead.
Husky Homestead is widely heralded as an authentic look into rural lifestyles based on 40 years of Alaskan adventures: from freight hauling on Denali to crossing the finish line in Nome with a champion Iditarod team. Cuddle puppies and share an intimate view of the Alaskan Husky as a team explodes out of the kennel on a training run.
Get a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into creating a championship team and carving a life in Alaska's Interior. Hear compelling stories from the trail and see actual racing sleds, arctic survival gear and equipment used to traverse 1100 miles of Alaska's most rugged terrain.
- Meet our super athletes, the sled dogs
- Cuddle with our puppies
- View summer training in action
- Discover and appreciate an authentic Alaskan lifestyle
Please note: Transportation provided from most area hotels (Grande Denali, Denali Bluffs, McKinley Chalets, Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge, Denali Park Village, Denali Grizzly Bear and the Denali Cabins).
Duration: 2.5 hours (Roundtrip from pick-up location.)
- Complimentary use of binoculars
- Transportation provided from most area hotels (Grande Denali, Denali Bluffs, McKinley Chalets, Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge, Denali Park Village, Denali Grizzly Bear and the Denali Cabins)
Duration: 2.5 hours. Tour times below are approximate:
- 30 minutes boarding
- 2 hours at homestead
- This tour meets at several locations. Fully detailed instructions are included on your finalized ticket vouchers.
ADA Accessibility of Tour:
- This tour is limited mobility accessible. Guests must be able to climb up and down 3 steps. There is space for collapsible wheelchairs and walkers. There is no storage available for motorized scooters. Please leave a comment during checkout if accommodations for collapsible equipment will be required on tour.
What type of clothing should I wear?
Bring a warm coat or raincoat, and perhaps a hat because the first half of the presentation is outside with our dogs. We also recommend bug spray and closed toed footwear as a good idea.
Are there any age restrictions for children?
There are no age restrictions for this tour.
Do you offer any discounts or promotions?
We offer the local wholesale rates for all of our tours because we feel that everyone should get the same lowest price possible regardless of how many excursions you book. No tricks, no gimmicks, no hidden fees.
Do you offer tours for large groups?
Definitely, arrangements of tours for groups or large families are possible. Please contact us with your group requirements.
Can multiple families book this tour and be together?
Yes! Multiple families may join the same tour as long as adequate space is available and the maximum is not exceeded.
What if my tour is cancelled due to bad weather?
All tours that cancel because of weather will be fully refunded with no fees or penalties.
Where do I meet the tour operator to be picked up for my excursion?
This tour operator will pick you up at your hotel. When you purchase your excursion, your ticket will be sent to you via email with detailed meeting instructions and emergency contact information. If you have any questions relating to a specific excursion, please contact the tour operator listed on your ticket.
Does the tour include transportation?
Yes. All tours pick up from most area hotels and include round-trip transportation unless otherwise specified for the specific tour.
What if I am unable to print my ticket before I arrive?
All reservations are saved under the name you purchased your excursions and are kept on file with your tour operator. Having your tickets in-hand is the optimal choice to avoid confusion because the directions and meeting instructions are included. Please contact us if you are unable to print the tickets.